Wednesday, January 23, 2008

YOU & ME

We met one magic summer day,
I sat there starring at you,
As you ran through the pages of my book,
I wanted to talk to you and hold your hands
But you were too busy with my book.

We became friends, our life changed,
You asked me on on date
But we went out in a group,
you invited me to watch your game (football)
I admired the way you played and
ran across the field.

Then one day came and you asked me
out to dinner alone
I was happy and nervous too,
I was hoping you would talk
and say something more to me,
But you just spoke in general,
maybe e both were shy?

The time had come for you to go back,
It broke my heart,
Tears rolled down my eyes,
I did not sleep well that night,
and sobbed myself to sleep.
I knew I was going to miss you,
and that warmth that had just begun.


T'was a week now since you had gone,
Your letters were pouring in,
I was delighted like a little child,
My love for you grew more strong in my letters,

But alas, did I know what was lying in store for me?

No more letters from you, and no more news from you
I was worried and sent you so many letters, and messages,
but you ignored every letter of mine
That was the dooms day for me,
I knew you had found another,
and maybe one better than me?

I died that day,
for I lost out in love,
I hated all men and hated the word love
I was torn - my life changed
I was no longer me
I felt alone in a cocoon.

A year went by -
a new me
a new beginning.

But there's a scar left in my heart
that only you would be able see!


@Debra Joseph